Thursday, August 13, 2015

Still stitching....but slowing down....UGH!


   Another Halloween ornament.  I'm really getting in the hang of stitching on perforated paper and not pulling so hard I tear it.  It took a little getting use to with the stitching of all the background....definitely don't have to do that on linen, but these are fast enough and small enough it's not proving to be too much of a problem.  This is Val's Stuff Spook of the Month, for June..."Kiss Me."  The chart comes with the specialty buttons, perforated paper, the backing, and the cording.  You just supply the Weeks Dye Works or DMC and you are ready to go.  They take on a personality once you put their eyes on.  I'm kind of lovin' the stitch.  Three down and 5 more to catch up on.  Speaking of catching up, Serenity Harbor has now had to take a back seat to Jackie's class project.  She will be here next month and I'm struggling with this one.  I thought the spiral flowers would hang me up, but they are quite easy just tedious.  The leaves threw me for a loop but I took it into work and asked Sara just to show me.  She got on You Tube and 3 seconds later I was stitching them with no problem.  The problem for me is there is no relief, no easy part since the entire project are the flowers and the leaves.  So I really have to concentrate on this for a couple of weeks to make sure it's done in time.  I've also been working more in the shop this past week due to a health crisis for one of the ladies.  Actually it isn't her health crisis as it is her husbands,  as he is the one who got the diagnosis.  So please keep Judy Brunclik and her family in your prayers as they go on the warpath with the big C.  Needless to say she will be out of the shop as she helps him get to his appointments and gives him much needed support as they travel down this road.  You would think with added time in the shop I would get a lot of stitching done.  Wrong, I barely pick up a needle when I'm there.  Don't know why that is, but I believe it's the constant interruption that makes me feel it's not worth it to get everything out, start to stitch and after 2 stitches have to stop to do my job. (jobs so often get in the way of pleasure, don't they?)  We have a few stitchers staying at the hotel this week.  Betsy Cole and her niece Sara decided to have a stitch in and since Julia Whitesel was in town they invited her over to stitch in the lobby.  Glad to know someone is stitching here.  We are expecting a load of new designs and "things" in next week from the on-line show....can't wait!  It's so exciting....a lot of designs, some specialty kits...oh, I know I'll be going through the racks  for more stash.  At this point I start searching for Christmas gifts to make.  I've already got one in the bag to start as soon as Jamboree is over.  I've already got 2 to stitch for that....oh,my God, my work is never done.   I need to get busy.  Have a great week...hope your needles are moving. 

No comments: