Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is nothing easy?

I got to work this morning bright and early, ready to take on the world...and that's about what I feel like I'm doing. First I open up e-mail, which actually worked today horray...and found a "your order has shipped", so I take a look and it says that the refrigerator that was ordered 10/9/2009 has shipped to the tune of $1700, and my credit card has been charged. So I'm freaking....10/9/2010 and you've shipped July 2010. Believe me, if I said I needed a refrigerator I couldn't wait 9 months to get it....I mean the snow and ice would have kept things cold in January-March, but with the summer we've had, well I just couldn't have waited. First I don't remember ordering a refrigerator off the internet, but I'm not going to swear I didn't look at them, but in October...hell that's around the Jamboree...believe me I'm too busy at that time to even think about it. Anyway, Sara gets home from wherever and I meet her with, "Sara, I'm freakin and don't know what to do." Her response..."I just love when I walk through the door and you hit me with I'm freakin'. Calm down and let me see it." So I show her we go on-line get the # of the company and call it and this guy says, "This was just an e-mail reminder that we are still here (like who gives a crap) and we haven't shipped anything out to you, and we haven't charged your card." Sara questioned why he send an e-mail saying he had charged the card and he just said, he hadn't it was a reminder only that he was there. After all was said and done Sara said "Mom go in and see if your card has been charged." It was at that point that I realized it was a card I had cancelled as there was suspicious activity on it last year. If I had only remembered that it would have saved us a whole lot of time. Anyway, just another freak-out on my part...they seem to be coming closer together, much like hot flashes...in this heat I'm just one steady long hot flash. And according to the weather report we're in for at least 7 more days of this. I know I complained about the cold, but I swear I'll never bitch again about it...at least I think I won't. Oh, yes, we're experiencing something in the shop that I can't stand. Yesterday Renee found what use to be a kit, however, now it's just the fabric and charms as someone opened the Lizzie Kate kit and stole the directions. I found 2 kits a couple of weeks ago with the same thing happening. Now what I want to say is this...for God's sake don't go to the trouble of opening the kits and stealing the directions...I can't do anything with what's left so take the whole damn thing and let me live in ignorance. I'll realize soon enough when I take inventory that things are stolen, I don't need a reminder every day. Yes, it sure is fun owning a little needlework shop on the ocean. Every day is a holiday! Oh, a woman came into the shop last night and Sara was standing there, took one look at her and eyeballed me about it so I could get a good look and let me just say this ladies, Just because something fits....doesn't mean you should wear it. The woman was wearing what looked like a Lilly Pulitzer skirt with a coordinating top...gorgeous..if she was the size person who could wear a short short skirt, but unfortunately she wasn't. She had a little size to her...not obese, and in a pair of loose fitting Lilly Pulitzer slacks and the same top things would have been good, but the short short skirt on anyone who is a little larger than a twig...While it may look alright to you in the front (and that's questionable) from the back where it lifts a little because of our butts...well this woman's business will be out there for all to see if she so much as bends over to pick up a penny. So before leaving your house, turn around in front of a mirror and pick up something off the floor...if you can see your VaJaJa...it's time to retire the skirt. FYI...the Prairie Schooler 2010 Santa is out and it's being delivered as I type along with 4 new Prairie Schooler leaflets. Along with that is the new Shepherd's Bush kits and their new chart...I'll have them up on the website today so take a look.

4 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Thanks for the what not to wear tip. People seem to forget that when they are at the beach. LOL
I am over 45 and I can't wear that stuff plus I have bat wings flapping on my upper arms. Why do people think I would want to wear sleeve-less shirts.. LOL Sorry about the Kits being opened for the charts.. That is still stealing! Hello people....
I wish I just had a needlework shop in Alabama to purchase things from. Not here in the south... Happy Summer !!!

Rachel S-H said...

I am so sorry people are stealing from you. That is awful.

Ruth said...

Sally you are a hoot! I so look forward to your blog now. I can commiserate about the credit card. On the way home mine was rejected when I tried to use it for gas. Found out someone had the number and was trying to buy expensive items at the Apple Store and Walmart. Luckily they were denied and I now have a new card that arrived yesterday! That is a bummer that people are stealing - such a violation.

We are all still talking about our wonderful experience at your hotel and shop. Wow 95 degrees there today - I think some cool weather is on it's way just hang in there.

Daffycat said...

Curses on thieves! May your threads forever tangle and your stitches need constant frogging!