Monday, September 2, 2019

Late but still appropriate....

Yes, I was hoping to have this in the shop on the 1st, but since I didn't start it until last night...well, anyway, better late than never I think...just one day late.

September-Year of Celebration
I'm so excited to have finished 9 of these projects stitched, finished and in the shop.   I'm up to date and only have 3 more to finish the series.  I'm sensing a trend here...I did the entire Scary Apothecary Series (9 total)  and now I know I'll be finishing this series....I've become a series stitcher.  First let me say these are fast and fun to do.  And secondly I have only done one a month so I didn't try to get all 12 done at once so it was really easy to stay on track.  I also use the Hornbook to model them so I just take the prior month stitched piece off and put on the latest month so you don't have to purchase frames for each or anything else to display them.  One and done!  Then I don't have a lot of finishing to do on them, so that's an easy finish.  Fabulous! And now I move on to more Halloween and Christmas stitching.   Hope you had a safe and fun holiday weekend and now for our children in Ocean City, it's back to school time.  Izi spent time with me today playing games knowing that our summer of fun has come to an end.  Although we do have weekends and he reminded me that he gets half days sometimes and. then a whole day off, so I'm sure we will be having some game days in the future, but I know it won't be long before he won't really want to hang out with his grandmother anymore.  And he's my last one.  The other boys have already moved on to friends.  They grow up too soon.  I'm trying to focus on the positive, this gives me anywhere from 3-5 more hours in the day to stitch!  Hmmm, so it's not too tragic is it?  Have a great week.  Sara, Mary and I are busy preparing for the Jackie DuPlessis classes this weekend.  And after that  we have the Delaware Valley Sampler Guild retreat, followed by Stitchers Jamboree...whew...we are going to be working like dogs here for the next 6 weeks.  But we're up for it so bring it on!  Hope to see you soon!

No comments: