Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Theodore is here!

Finished the stitching on Theodore on Sunday, thought I'd do the finishing on Monday and instead I stitched all day...darn it, what is wrong with me.   Excuse the wrinkled linen, I didn't even have the strength to go iron it.

 The only day off this week and I wouldn't get off the sofa.  Binge watched "Bloodline" on Netflix and stitched.  So it wasn't a total loss....I did start another project from Hands on Designs, "To the Beach" series..."Surf Life".  It's a fun stitch, nothing too strenuous, cute design, and I'm somewhat behind on getting the series done.  I have the display all ready and just sitting there waiting.  In my defense, I've had a few things I felt had to get stitched.  I started "My Teacher's Pail" which is part of Noteworthy Needle's Rusty Pail series.  It's a fast stitch, and easy finish and I think these pails look cute in a display.  I've actually finished all but a couple of the pails at this point.  Anyway, I need that for display in the shop for June so I'm on a deadline.  Still working on Little House Needleworks "Needleworks ABC" and I'm right on track with that one.  I set a goal originally of 3 letters a  night and then I switch off to something else.  So I'm up to "S" so I'll have this one finished this week and Sara has already ordered the frame that it's shown in so while that will take a while I'm sure, I'll have it in the shop unframed first.  I should also finish the "Teacher's Pail" this week and the Beach Series piece.  3 projects, one week..that's not bad.  I have Clementine, Theodore's mate already to go into rotation, but that means I get to rummage through more stash...whoppee...best time ever!  Today at the shop it's a  bit slow since the weekend is over and most people are back at work.  The weather is a little gloomy, sprinkling periodically and no sun at all...ugh!  But I can always collect more stash, it's so dangerous to be left to my own devices here because Salty Yarns is too tempting to someone addicted to needlework.  I did bring my current projects with me in case I found I had nothing to do...so maybe I should get to it.  Will keep you posted..

No comments: