Saturday, March 18, 2017

Being sick is a bitch!

I've been out of commission for over 10 days, in fact, I was sick on my return from Nashville, which is why you've heard nothing and seen nothing from me.  Being in a confined space on the ride to and from Nashville with sick Sara, ended with me getting the worst she had to give.  I hit to sofa upon our return and didn't arise fully until yesterday and that was reluctantly.  We arrived home from the market on Tuesday, March 7th.  I was without any medication as it was in the suitcase behind all the Nashville cash and carry.  So for 3 days I just lay there feeling sorry for myself, but too sick to care.  Friday I arose from the ashes to deliver the van to the store for the guys to unload.  I tried to work but the hacking, nose blowing etc., bothered Sara so much she sent me home.  Before I got to work I asked Sara to bring me her cold medicine as I didn't have the strength to get my suitcase out of the car.  So I began my medication at that point.  My other daily meds however, I just let go and couldn't be worried about as I was barely hanging on.  I really should have gone to my doctor, but wouldn't give him the satisfaction of bitching at me over my never getting the flu shot so I wouldn't go, even though what I had was a nasty cold and not the flu I knew he would pile on the crap anyway.    Sara left for vacation on March 12th and I told her to leave a note on the door saying the shop was closed on the 13th due to my illness.  I felt guilty Monday morning because I felt a little better but by noon I was down again and feeling I may never recover.  Meanwhile, all this time on the sofa should have meant a great deal of stitching was taking place, but I never put needle to linen until Thursday and only then because I couldn't take not stitching any longer.  I stayed down all week, finally got my meds from the suitcase Thursday so while I was off all cold medicine I started my other meds again.  Friday I showed up for work with Pat and while I'm still hacking and bringing up all kinds of nasty, I'm back to being productive somewhat again.  I actually was able to sleep a few hours in a row on Friday for the first time since Nashville.   Before that it was an hour down, coughing, hacking and dry heaving for an hour and then a nap for a few minutes and the cycle just repeated itself.  I was never so tired in my life.  But last night I really think I sleep for about 4 hours straight.  I'm no longer sore, and while I'm still hacking more than I want, it's not as long or as violent so I'm back!  Today started with me picking more projects.  Sara, bless her heart also had a bag with things I had to have from Nashville so that was exciting.    I started Blackberry Lane's "All Dressed Up for Winter" Thursday night and since  it's over 2 it's a fun stitch, although she does change floss colors a lot with the scarf,  but he is too darn cute for words, and I love him already.  But of course I'm itching to start more of the new stuff.  Erica Michael's "By the Sea" is a must for me.  Today I cut the fabric, I'll pull threads to night and hopefully it will become my shop project tomorrow.  Ohh, the excitement mounts.


At the show we saw Blackberry Lane's new "Jingle."  She shows it on the packaging as an ornament over 1, but at the show she had it done over 2 as well and in a Lone Elm Round box....stunning does not say enough.  I like it both ways but I'm planning on over 2 and Sara wants it in a specific tray we sell that have a round opening in it.  So who knows what I'll finish it in, but I know it's going to be spectacular.  


Have a great night....hope you will join me in stitching.

2 comments:

Martha said...

So sorry you were so sick.. but glad you are starting to feel better...

Sally Rutka said...

Thank you Martha....I'm thrilled to be over the hump...just a bit of hacking left and I can deal with that.