Friday, February 12, 2016

With the Superbowl behind us we are marching on toward Nashville Market...





  Wanted to show you a couple of finishes using some of the wooden products we carry.  Stitchers are always trying to figure out what to put on them.  I've taken a couple of designs, broken them apart and used sections of them on the little trays and the wooden box with the drawer.  The one shown is taken from Drawn Thread's "Pastoral Sampler."  The chart comes 2 ways, one as a sampler and the second way is a pocket.  Stitching these two pieces inspired me to go back and stitch the pocket as well.  But I digress, getting back to the tray and the drawer...these two pieces make wonderful additions to your favorite stitching spot as you can keep extra needles and a small pair of scissors in the drawer and you can keep your fibers, etc., on the tray.  With the box piece I made a mattress pincushion for the top.  I adhered felt on the top of the box and then used double stick tape to attach the stitching to the felt.  Around the sides of the pin cushion I stitched a name, the date, etc.  I also used the felt in the bottom of the tray and let it run up the side a tad so it looks like rick rack.  I also used part of a bee design from Prairie Schooler and did a set for a friend.  It is such fun to make designs work for something other than what is shown on the leaflet.  Last weekend was our annual Superbowl Sale and we had a lot of fun with the stitchers who spent the weekend with us.  The Pennsylvania group arrived on Thursday, the Delaware group on Friday and our local stitchers on Friday...and the games commenced.  So many brought show and tell...and that just gets me craving to stitch up a storm.  Debbie Liming challenged me to finish the new Lizzie Kate pocket over night and you just know I had to do it.  So I'll show you that tomorrow...I forgot to bring it back in.  (I needed to re-iron it so I took it back home where it sat all week and I never touched it.  In my defense I had Michael while Sara and Vernon went to Baltimore for Vernon's surgery)   We do want to thank everyone who mparticipated in the event....and now we're moving on to Nashville Market.  The previews look good and I look forward to seeing a great deal of new and interesting designs.  Got to run....talk to you later.

2 comments:

Debbie B said...

Love these, Sally! You're so creative! Drawn Thread is my favorite.

Sally Rutka said...

Hi Debbie,
I agree with you...I love, love, love Drawn Thread.