Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow Day....Perhaps!

While our winter has been very mild...it snowed tonight and we will probably be closed tomorrow, Saturday...January 26th.  It's been an unbelievable two weeks for me...as you read in my last entry I fell last Friday and was laid up at home last Saturday and Sunday.  I hobbled into work on Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday stayed home just to get some stitching done.  I got nothing done as I felt a cold coming on so I was a lump on the sofa and Thursday I woke up and felt terrible so I again didn't go into work, and also didn't pick up a needle.  It drove me crazy that I sat here for 2 days doing nothing.  I mean I could have gotten so much done on Hare Pyns.  Since the temps are down...around 11 degrees here in Ocean City with the wind chill figured in...brrrrr...it was decided I should stay home again Friday since I still was hacking and feeling just not right.  I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going back to work.  But since it was so darn cold I didn't want to go out anyway.  But I was going to brave it Saturday when low and behold the snow fell tonight.  So Sara called me and said, "Snow day tomorrow"...so I'm passing that along to you.  Call first...but I really think Saturday will be our first official snow day of the year.  Update on my Hare Pyns...I finally made the decision and have torn out the middle panel (which is the bargello back of the piece) and will start it over.  I'm tearing out a line of bargello then doing a background stitch on the back panel because both things are really boring to me.  But I know I'd never be able to live with this if I didn't do it over.  This sucks !  I can't wait to get this finished, at this point...nothing worse than thinking you were done with a piece and then finding a mistake and having to redo.  And I've got so many more projects to get to.   Well, I'm going to go back to stitching...hopefully I'll have this done in a few days.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So glad you weren't hurt more seriously in your fall---being a large woman myself, I'm always afraid of falling! Glad you're into stitching, it's a good day for it.