Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whew.....I'm definitely getting too old for the computer age...

While at the Nashville market I tried, as I always do, to blog and let you know what was going on....but was unable to connect to the internet. When I called the front desk to get instruction they just said, "use this password" which I did and still couldn't get on. Unlike prior years I simply just gave up. I no longer have the energy to deal with this computer age. And everyday I'm reminded that I'm racing into old age. Friday C.J. came to me and said his Blackberry no longer worked. I had told him when I gave it to him to come to me when and if anything happened to it as I took out insurance on it. So I explained to him that I was going to Salisbury on Tuesday and would take care of it then. So yesterday I traveled to Salisbury, went into Verizon where I was told I needed to take care of this myself. What the hell happened to customer service? These are the things I can't stand. I have been paying for the insurance monthly since getting the phone. Insurance to me means when you have a claim, you let the company know and then they take care of everything else. But no more...I had a number to call, and when called I'm told by a machine that the wait time is going to be long and I should go on the internet to file the claim. I was in the store where I could have purchased a new Blackberry, because repairing phones is apparently no longer being done. But no...that's not the way it works...I had to go on line, answer the questions after which they assure me they are sending me a phone overnight and then with the deductible I still have to pay $100. And the final screen tells me if I don't return the other phone I will be charged another $100. O.K., I was standing in the friggin store with the old phone in hand, you could have taken the phone then, had me pay for the new phone then and this would have been a done deal. Honestly, why can't common sense ever enter the reality of my world. But I digress...I was speaking about the Nashville market. First, we got the 2nd teacher confirmed for Jamboree...Theresa from Shakespeare Peddler, so we are thrilled we now have 2 confirmed...Blue Ribbon and Shakespeare Peddler. Thank God!!!! Now we have 1 more to go and I'll keep you posted. I also have Sherri Jones confirmed for April 2013 so again, whoppee....we are so thrilled she is going to be here...we already have 2 signed up for her class and we haven't even posted it yet. But Crystal and Cynthia were having a mini retreat here this past weekend and were standing beside me when I read the e-mail. Anyway, Crystal and Cynthia arrived Friday afternoon and we had such a nice time with them last weekend. I use to only see them at Jamboree but last year they decided to take a mini retreat and now make it an annual event. Coming right after Nashville market allowed them first look at all the new "stuff" we brought back. I always love to see what stitchers are purchasing...and find that many of us love the same things. So they went home with plenty of stash to hold them until we see them again. Thanks ladies...we had fun with you and really appreciate your spending time with us. Sara and I have worked hard to get all the Nashville market items out on the racks and I believe we finished the last bags on Monday...always a good feeling. I love buying the stuff and love actually going through it again when we get home. Needless to say I pulled a few things to stitch....what a surprise. I've been stitching like a mad person since the holidays, well even before the holidays so I'll have plenty of new models in the shop. Took 5 things over to the framer yesterday...can't wait to get them back. And I have a few more ready to make into pillows or whatever....yes I've been really productive on the stitching front. As for the market...I'll start getting things up on the web site today. I finally switched out the computers so I can work from home on the days the shop is closed. And finally, the weather down here. Did you have winter, because we've yet to see it. While I was doing mail orders on Monday Sara called me in the office and said, "It's snowing!" And yes, there were fat snowflakes falling....for about 1 hour and then it turned to rain....so I suppose that was our winter. It was short and sweet. Today it's suppose to go up to 60....yes, this is my idea of winter. I've only worn a winter coat one time this winter....but my fear is that we'll have 32 degree weather and snow at Easter. Frankly by this time of year I expect winter to be over, so since we haven't seen it yet....well there is reason for concern. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that winter has come and gone while I was sleeping....which gives it plenty of time since I seem to nap a lot now. Nap and stitch..oh yeah, and eat...that sums up my day.

1 comment:

Rachel S-H said...

They do not make it easy if you have the insurance. We deal with that because my husband is hard on phones.