Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Getting ready for Flag Day.....

Love patriotic stitching as it can be used for many different occasions....Memorial Day, FLag Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.. I finished my Brenda Gervais, Souvenir of the Heart's Star Spangled Spectacular and then West Side Frames made my favorite patriotic frame to finish it.  Love it.  The pattern called for over 1 on 28 ct. and of course, I completed missed that and began stitching over 2 on 28 ct. and by the time I realized something was off (it was too big to be a pincushion) I was too far along to rip out and begin again, so I just finished it as an over 2 stitch.  I also decided to do no embellishment on this, which we all know is strange for me since I love adding those little twists to my stitching.  I did do Smyrna Crosses in the bottom 3 motifs as it was killing me not to do something different.  This was a fun stitch and an easy stitch no matter whether it's done over 1 or over 2.  A great addition to your patriotic display.  Finished design size over 2 is approximately 5" x 6 1/4".  




As I said in an earlier post, I am currently working on a couple of other designs, so when I finished the Souvenir piece I should have gone back to one of those and worked on it, and that was my intention, however, the 3 drawer chest is sitting in my dining room reminding me I haven't done Token of Love by With Thy Needle & Thread, so of course I pulled it out and started it.  Again an over 1 piece, and I did read through the directions so I did start it on 28 ct. and stitching over 1 and it's coming along nicely.  
While the Token of Love is usually referring to partners, husbands, whatever...mine will have the initials of my 2 daughters, Sara and Mary, and their year of birth.   Well, now you know what's happening in my world.  And I've seen what several of you are working on as you share on Facebook and Instagram.  So keep it up, stitchers.  You inspire me and others every day with the beauty of your finishes.  Stay safe and mask up...it won't kill you and if you don't wear a mask while in stores or crowds that may kill you, or perhaps someone else.    It's a small price to pay to stay safe.  
  

No comments: