Sunday, March 18, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.....

Sara and I were in the St. Patrick's Day spirit with green as our color of the day.  Sara has her usual hat on for the occasion, while I have the shamrock headband which made me look like the bigger idiot.......

There was a parade happening around lunchtime so we had plenty of time to play, however we're still dealing with Nashville so we couldn't take advantage of the time.  It's driving me crazy that I'm not stitching 24/7.  But I did get a model done....Here a Peep is finished, well almost but enough that I can display it for the weekend and then take it home and put the finishing touches on it.  

I love stitching these Brenda Gervais pieces.  They are small enough it's an easy 2 day stitch, and the finishing is easy once I get to it.  I did make a couple of changes (shocker I know) but I started it on the recommended fabric and my dye lots on fibers must have been different than hers because I couldn't even see the vine or the bird when I first stitched it, so I switched to a lighter fabric and was able to see everything.  I could of changed to darker fibers but changing just the fabric was easier.  The other change is the pom pom trim.  I chose to use Lady Dot's Sea Glass which is a darker shade  of the color of the dress just to give it more color.  Love the design....love these oval boxes...Here's a Peep, There's a Peep is a winner for sure.  Since we've been back I've been working on the web site so I'm looking at each pattern I put on and I've found so many I've taken home.  I asked Sara why she didn't bring her stitching bag in anymore and she said, "I know I don't have time to stitch in the shop right now so I don't bother."  I told her I brought mine not to stitch but to load up with charts, kits, and supplies.  And I've managed to take stuff home everyday I've worked.  I'm not sure that's a good thing but I'm sure having fun.  O.K., not to change the subject, but a woman just came in and said, "Are you Open?"  WTH...the lights are on, the lit OPEN sign is in the window, and the door is unlocked which is how she got in, in the first place.  Am I open?  Well if I'm not I am sure going about being closed in the wrong way.  And yet, I must smile and act like that was a normal question, but when I'm tired and weary it's hard to be nice and polite.  Just give me an hour and I'll be almost decent.  Well,now it's the end of the day and I'm doing fine.  Stacy Stinson stopped by so we chatted a while and I caught up with all her goings on...she's had a tough week so keep her in your prayers and let's hope her luck takes a turn in a positive direction.  Anyway, it's time to close so I'm signing off and will talk to  you later.  Have a great night an I pray you get some stitching in.  



No comments: