Saturday, April 15, 2017

Madam Hare has arrived..;...

Yes, she is dressed in her best dress and has arrived in time for the parade.  She is stitched on 20 ct. Weeks linen with Weeks Dye Works Teal Frost, Cocoa, Whiskey, Putty, Lancaster Red, and Moss.  I did make her nose with a soft rose (Red Pear, I think) and black DMC for the shoes and Weeks Whitewash for the Pantaoons.  An easy stitch and semi-easy finish.  I didn't think I had the right fabric for backing so I purchased something at Hobby Lobby, but when I got home it was a bit too bright in my opinion and so I looked in my stash and at the bottom of the bin was a black striped teal that matched exactly.  Why didn't I look there first...never assume you don't have something....but on the plus side I've added to my stash.  Today isn't quite as bright as it was yesterday, in fact it's cloudy and a bit off...not raining, but not sunny and bright either.  But there are plenty of people in town for Easter so we should be busy today...fingers crossed.  On the other hand, I will probably be able to stitch while working...win win!  I worked on "By the Sea" last night and didn't realize initially that the lettering was over one...so that was an eye opener since I thought I'd zip through the lettering...but I got the first line of lettering in and will try to do at least 2 or 3 lines a day and in between I'll start Theodore, one of the Animal Cracker series.  I didn't need much of an excuse to start Theodore but glad I can blame over one stitching anyway.  Well, I'm signing off to get some stitching done.  Have a great day and a wonderful Easter celebration (if you celebrate Easter and if you don't have a great day tomorrow.)


No comments: