Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Cross Stitch Nation was a wonderful stitch for me.  The colors were really vibrant, at least the red was and I truly loved the stitch.  But when it was finished was the best part because I like making the drum pin cushions so it was a delight to finish.  And now it is one of my favorite pieces.  When Sara first mentioned making it into a drum I thought she had lost her mind.  I had never even considered that.  But, I love to finish the pieces in different ways than expected so I thought why not and once I stitched up the back and took a look at it I knew it was a wonderful decision.  If you have facebook, go look at Salty Yarns page and you will see it... 360 degrees...Sara took a video of it and put it there.  Anyway, I stitched it on 32 ct. Legacy from PTP and stitched it using the recommended fibers.  Fun piece and fun finish.  I also got my Betsy Morgan pre-stitch done....hooray!!!!  So today I'm moving on to new.  We have now survived another car weekend....and for a while it looked like I might spend the week in jail...I swear if that man had revved his car engine one more day it was going to be his death or mine.  He chose to park that miserable car, which apparently wasn't moveable, under my window where he spent 2 days and nights trying to get it to run correctly.  He revved that thing for hours at a time.  I had no peace at all from 7 in the morning until around 10 at night.  I mean it if you can't get it running in a hour....call it a day and leave the rest of us some peace and quiet.  But after 2 days he gave up and tarped the car.  When I came home Friday from work there it sat covered and peace was restored to me once again... ...  Thank you Jesus!  The wind picked up Saturday and the rains came which ruined the weekend for the car folks, but when I arrived home to see the tarp blown off that car and the motor exposed to the rain I knew that was punishment for the owner for disturbing our neighborhood for 2 days and I just smiled and said, "Thank you God." Justice came and I didn't lift a finger.   I'm not sure that the owner of the car felt it was a reprimand from God, but that's my thinking.  Let me assure you that I am not against the car folks.....no sir, I've always appreciated the car people coming here and spending the weekend.  They rent our rooms, eat in the restaurants and also spend money in the shops, so we need them.  What we don't need is the inconsiderate car people who give no thought to the people who are in the buildings where they park.  Many of us have children and also many of us work.  We need sleep just like everyone else.  Imagine someone parking under your window revving their engine for hours starting at 7 a.m. and going until 10 p.m. and cars revving their engines in the parking space next to your room.   Just inconsiderate.  And of course the weather wasn't helping anyone.  Car people were mad Saturday as it rained all day...all day people.  Many of them still rode the streets but several of them parked their cars and sat around all day miserable.  While I understand disappointment, we are not responsible for the weather.  Don't blame us as we would rather have you out and about and  happy.  And the complaints...poor Mary...she's is the front desk person and she really took it this weekend with people complaining and then coming to her with problems.  When checking out on Sunday a tenant told her that his bag of dirty clothes was missing, and how it had been there the day before and now it was gone and he wanted something done about it.  She expressed her dismay, asked if it was sitting by the trash can (that's never a good thing as the housekeeping staff with take it for trash) but he said it was on the other side of the room so we were clueless as to what could have happened.  I mean no one steals dirty clothes,  do they?  Anyway since Beverly has been here for over 30 years we knew she didn't touch it, but we asked her if she remembered seeing the bag in the room.  She had 2 buildings to clean so she was as clueless as we were by the end of the day.  But the man continued to stand at the desk and stare at Mary until she came to me.  I asked her what he wanted us to do about a bag of dirty clothes and poor Mary just wanted the whole thing over with.  In the end she did what I would have done and said she was sorry but there was really nothing we could do.  I frankly thought his wife probably already put it in the car, but we got no where with that.  After they got out to their car Mary ran up to the room to investigate and as she looked noticed something on the bed under one of the pillows.....the bag of dirty clothes!  That man spend 20 minutes at the desk bitching and moaning and it was on the bed the entire time, exactly where one of them had laid it.  What makes me really angry is either he or his wife had to have put that bag on the bed that morning, so to waste 20 minutes of the front desk persons time, look around!  Aside from that crap, in town we had a horrific accident in which a 24 year old lost his life on Friday.  Don't think he was part of the whole car thing, but he was running from the police on a motorcycle and slammed into a truck.  So that was all anyone could talk about on Friday and then on Saturday someone took a fall off an 8th floor balcony in town and they died.  So all and all, not the best weekend we've had and I pray it is the worst we will ever have again.  So believe me when I say, we need sunshine and warmer temps to get through the next week and help us store up energy for the next hell, the high school seniors.  This is really the only time I wish I could leave Ocean City until they were gone.  Their behavior gets worse every year (or is it that I'm getting older?) All I can report is high school seniors are still not mature enough to come to Ocean City with no supervision.  Enough said!

No comments: