Friday, June 4, 2010

Oh my God...Summer has definitely started....

O.K., just in case you didn't notice, this is the second post today. But I just couldn't resist telling you this. When I arrived today Vernon said, "Make sure you ask Sara about the excitement this morning." So of course I couldn't wait. When she finally got back from taking Michael to school I got the scoop. She was opening up the hotel and heard someone screaming for help. She thought it was from the "animal house" at the end of the alley and didn't react at first. But then as the screaming continued she knew it was something different so she went out back and saw a man pulling a woman across the alley from the hotel next door...the woman had no top on....so Sara went over to the Paradise Hotel where she saw 2 women standing there watching the show. She said, "Are you the managers?" And they said, "yes, and we've already called the police." So the three of them stood there and watched the show. Of course my instint told me one of them should have done a little more than stand there, but he was apparently a big guy and they were afraid. He managed to get her in the car, but as he went to get in she took off and just as he was trying to flee in his car the police arrived and blocked him in. Apparently he didn't want to go (duh!) so guns were drawn. Meanwhile Sara figured at that point, with bullets about to show up perhaps standing there watching wasn't the best idea. So she came in and Vernon went out. He reported that they put the guy in the paddy wagon and the woman in an ambulance. And folks...that was before 9:00 a.m. I hope your day is going better! I'll keep you posted. Oh, yea, Sara has signed Salty Yarns up on Facebook and she is writing on that....she seems to be enjoying herself for now...not sure how long that will last since she gets very distracted playing Bejeweled with Staci Buhrman. Thankfully, I'm unable to do it fast enough so I'm not playing. Anyway, she's there is you are looking for her. I put the Jamboree info on the web so you can pull it off of that....and I'm working on the brochures. I'm also working on confirmations for those of you already signed up. ... hopefully I'll get it all done by next weekend.
Thanks for your patience.

3 comments:

Syd said...

Glad to see that you're back! Also, love the piece if you can't lose it - decorate it!

Nancy said...

Never a dull moment in OC! Nancy

Teresa said...

Thanks for the tip about Facebook- just signed up to follow your page!

Although it has been several years since I was in your wonderful store (DH and I just have not had time to get to OC), I really LOVE reading your blog!